The ride-sharing app is here!
Mitfahren-dan.de - The new carpooling platform for Lüchow-Dannenberg!
As part of the Mobility Agency project, the funding was used to create a Carpooling module where citizens can register and search for and offer rides.
Based on the desktop version for computers, a native app for Android and iOS devices was also programmed. This maps the contents of the carpooling module and additionally offers the option of so-called push messages that inform about suitable carpooling offers or requests.
Special boarding points are the Carpool benches, the project from the joint municipality of Gartow, are integrated into the app and can be used to get on and off the bus.
The app offers the ideal platform for carpooling to work, join in and help avoid unnecessary journeys and save CO2!
Ride-dan.de works similarly to the widely used carpooling website "BlablaCar", but is mainly intended to be used for everyday journeys but also for carpooling to special events in the district. Nevertheless, in principle, requests and offers for rides to anywhere in Germany are possible. The success of Mitfahrapp stands and falls with its users, i.e. the citizens of Lüchow-Dannenberg. The more people there actually share their journeys and offer rides, the greater the offer for those who are dependent on transport options like this or who like to use it as an alternative to their own car or public transport, which may not be conveniently timed at the time.
Variant 1: Login and use via the web browser
- At ride-dan.com and select "register" in the menu. As soon as your own profile has been created, journeys can be set.
- If you have the opportunity, show your identity card at the pavilion at Lüchow bus station and have your account verified for even more security.
- Use "Offer a ride" to post your rides and wait for passengers.
Variant 2: Registration and use via the app
- Open your App Store or Google Play Store on your smartphone.
- Search for "Mitfahren DAN" and install the app.
- Open the app and go to "register" in the menu.
- Afterwards, the process continues as with variant 1 and journeys can be set.
All currently posted rides appear under "Find ride" or the magnifying glass icon in the app. Click on the button "Book a ride" to request a ride from the driver.
In the app's own profile, further special characteristics can be specified that might be important for the journey - including, for example, whether smoking is permitted.
In order to increase the security for passengers a little, it is possible to have one's profile verified and to have a green tick displayed. You can do this by going to the Mobility Agency pavilion at the Lüchow bus station and showing your ID card. The staff of the Mobility Agency will then activate the verification.