Welcome to the Lüchow Schmarsauer Eisenbahn GmbH (LSE)
Lüchow-Schmarsauer Eisenbahn GmbH (LSE) was founded on 16 April 1910 as Kleinbahn Lüchow-Schmarsau GmbH and opened the first full-gauge line on 14 December 1911. Operations included passenger and freight transport on rails and roads. The main shareholders were the Prussian state, the province of Hanover, whose shares were transferred to the state of Lower Saxony in 1945, and the former district of Lüchow. Currently the Lüchow-Dannenberg district sole shareholder.
In 1969, rail transport was discontinued and the first bus was purchased. Since that year, LSE has been operating passenger transport with buses, which was already characterised by school transport at that time. At present, LSE only provides passenger transport in the form of licensed regular bus services, as well as
rental traffic in the district of Lüchow-Dannenberg.
The LSE office is operated on the premises in Roland-Brandin-Straße in Lüchow. LSE not only operates public transport in the district of Lüchow Dannenberg, but is also active across the district and runs journeys as far as Dömitz, Uelzen and Salzwedel in partnership with neighbouring transport companies. As a contribution to climate protection, the LSE bears the "Blue Angel" eco-label and travels at least
with EURO IV/EEV. On 14 December 2011, the LSE turned 100 and celebrated its anniversary.
You can reach us here:
(Mon.-Fri. 08:00 - 17:00)
Call bus registration:
(Mon.-Sun. 06:00 - 20:00)
Fridays 10-13 h
Please make an appointment in advance at Tel: 05841 – 977 335!